"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Just Some More of God's Promises

My family has another fast under our belts.  This year's has been good.  So, SO good.  Different in the way the Lord has spoken to me and I'm excited about what's to come in 2013. Expectant.  I sense that we're in for an amazing year.  

One thing that's been different with this year's fast is the way I've been led to pray for my children.  In regards to the kids, Chris and I have always prayed for the same things during our fasts... salvation, health, protection, etc.  God threw something new at me three weeks ago and I began to pray for them to recognize God's calling on their lives while they are still young.  For God to reveal their passions and their purpose.  I want my kids to look outside of their own little worlds and get glimpses of the "big picture" of their lives.  

Shaun has been going up to the main service with me sometimes.  Today the congregation was shown a video about an upcoming mission trip to Peru.  We watched and learned about how the people there have no clean water and are being killed off by disease and starvation.  When it was over, Shaun tapped me on the shoulder and whispered, "Mom.  I want to go there".  

"Go where," I asked.  

"There.  Peru.  I want to help those people.  Don't you?"

Well, not really.  I've always been very thankful that God hasn't called me to that type of mission field.  But I looked into the eyes of my soon-to-be 13 year old and saw  compassion.  And a longing.  

And I remembered what I've been praying for over the past 21 days. 

What an incredible moment.  For now, I think Shaun is still too young to go to Peru. But God has placed a desire in his heart and there's no doubt in my mind that he will be doing mission work in some form or other before too long.  Until then, our oldest son will be covered in prayer until he realizes the path God wishes him to take.  

My family and I went through the prayer line today and were anointed with oil.  I held Violet in my arms and kept my eyes on the boys in front of me as hands were laid and prayers were prayed over my children and I have never, ever felt such peach about their future.  

When we went through the same line last year I was newly pregnant and we had prayed for a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby.  Things happened, but God answered our prayers.  The same people who prayed for our daughter while she was still in my womb smiled and winked as they anointed her and prayed for her again.  

God is so good.    



No comments: