"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, January 7, 2013

Full of Chagrin

Today the boys and I took Violet to a dermatologist to have her birthmark checked out.  Thankfully, it is just that- a birthmark.  Totally benign.  We'll have it removed when she's a pre-teen and we don't even have to have followup visits until then, unless we notice it changing.  

The appointment was in Cumming, and Chris had to work.  So it was me and the kids.  I get so nervous when I drive to appointments.  My sense of direction is not good and I'm infamous for getting lost.  Thanks to the navigation app on my phone we made it to the appointment on time.  We stopped at a "new" library on the way home.  By new, I mean a library that we've never been to before.  Then we had to hit the grocery store to have Violet's prescription filled and pick up a few things.  

By this time, we were all tired.  Tired of driving. We were hungry, too.  Its Fasting time again, and the boys are fasting sugar, so they couldn't get an ice cream from Chick-fil-a.  I was really tired from all the driving and I just wanted to get home.  

The main reason for stoping at Kroger was to get Violet's reflux meds.  I wish I could have just went through the drive through, but the driver's window on my Explorer decided to mess up last week, and I hate having to open the door at drive throughs.  We went in and I herded the boys to the pharmacy and we took our place at the end of the (very long) line.   

An older lady began talking to me about how my baby looked very young to have out and about. I told her that she was 4 months old and she just kept shaking her head and saying that she looked a lot younger than that.  Really, lady?!?

Jordan has learned to read and is going through that wonderful phase of reading everything!  He was reading all of the signs around us and talking about how we needed to go to Lindsey's window.  Lindsey is my cousin, who just so happens to work in the Kroger pharmacy.  I told Jordan that we couldn't go to her window because she was working and we'd get her in trouble.  Both boys started in then.  Shaun was telling me that we were supposed to go to the other window, the empty window where Lindsey was.  I told him no we were not.  And then Jordan asked me if we were picking up or dropping off.  I was like, "What?  We're dropping off your sister's prescription.  Why?"

Then my 6 year old points to the sign above Cousin Lindsey's empty window.  The sign that reads Drop Off Prescriptions Here.  "See?  It says we drop off at that window and we pick up here!".  

I was so full of chagrin.  As we headed over to the correct window I apologized to both boys.  Lindsey even filled our prescription right away and we didn't have to wait.  It pays to have connections!  I'm so glad that my boys were observant...we probably would have waited in the wrong line for 15 minutes, only to have to go to the correct window and wait even more!  

No comments: