"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Good Intentions

I came here tonight to blog about Job 21:22.  I read it today and it's sticking with me.  

"But who are we to tell God how to run His affairs?  He's dealing with matters that are way over our heads".

Letting go and letting God have His way has always been a struggle for me and I have some thoughts on the subject.  But, today has been one of those days and my brain and body are tired.  The minute I signed on, my words left.  I'll try again tomorrow.  

Violet seems to be sick.  Again.  She's been fussy and I've been giving her Tylenol since Monday.  Yesterday she only took 1 nap in the morning and then only slept 5 hours last night.  This is so not like her.  She cried a good bit yesterday, too.  Today she has pretty much cried or fussed all day when she wasn't sleeping.  We decided that I should keep her home from church and I'm glad I did because she started running a fever after the boys left.  I gave in then and made an appointment for her to see the doctor tomorrow.  We were just there last week for her checkup.  It's beginning to feel like our second home. 

Chris was home today and we finally got our Christmas tree down.  We did some much needed cleaning and some reading. He also cut the boys hair.  And we all listened to Violet cry.  We watched Duck Dynasty reruns, but Violet felt so bad so we were NOT Happy Happy Happy.  :(

Tomorrow's another day.  Prayerfully, a better day!  And MNO is on Saturday.  I can't wait.  

No comments: