"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Storm Watchin'

That's what we did today.  We watched the weather all day long.  Georgia was hit with severe storms and even some tornados today.  It turned out to be quite a hectic day.  

I love how my little group of homeschool mom friends all text to check up on each other.  I really didn't even know the weather was bad until I began receiving texts asking me if I had gone up to my parents' house to hide out in their basement.  I thought we would be fine to stay at home... the boys were wired from not being able to go outside and Violet was feeling sick.  But my dad called a little while later and said we should probably come up to be on the safe side.  

Jordan wanted to pack his "bat cave".  He got it for Christmas.  It's a hideout fort thing for Batman and Robin and Jordan wanted to make sure it stayed safe in case the house blew away.  I talked him into taking his new video camera instead.  

We all hung out with my sister, my dad, Granny and all the cousins for a few hours until the weather cleared up.  The kids were all about keeping an eye on the storm at first but they grew tired of it pretty quick.  

We were expecting lots more bad weather.  Church was even canceled, but it's been pretty calm so far, thank Goodness.  We said a prayer for all of the people affected by the tornados and severe storms today.  We're thankful to be safe, warm, and dry in our own beds. 

No comments: