"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

5

Alice in April by:  Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

Yes, I checked out two of these books.  Actually, 3.  I haven't read the other one yet.  I read two of the three last Friday when we were all iced in.  

I had never read this particular "Alice" book before and I was actually really excited to get it.  I was not disappointed.  More of Alice's journey through middle school with lots of laughter, tears, and most of all, the awkwardness!  One passage that sticks out the most is when Alice is getting a physical.  The nurse tells her to get undressed and Alice panics because she's afraid the doctor is going to walk in before she's "ready".  Who hasn't worried about that while at a doctor's appointment?  I laughed and laughed.  

This book was a little... deeper than the others I've read.  Growing up gets harder and harder for Alice, just like in real life.  

I have since decided that I must purchase these books for Violet to have when she's ready to read them.  :)

No comments: