"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, January 25, 2013

A Cause for Alarm

The boys and I went to the library today.  Of course, Jordan had to use the restroom while we were there.  We were at the "big" library in Gainesville, so I walked with him.  While I waited for him to come out, I noticed the "special needs" room.  Another homeschooling mom friend of mine had mentioned this room to me before, saying that they had some good homeschooling resources in there.  So I decided to check it out.  I opened up the door and as soon as I did an alarm sounded.  

It was loud.  It hurt my ears.  And it almost embarrassed the life out of Jordan.  Sheepishly, we came out of the bathroom hallway and I tried to explain to the librarian what had happened.  She proceeded to tell me that the special needs stuff had been moved to the Murrayville branch.  

Why, oh why, is there still a sign up if the room had been moved?  And what in the world is in that room that is so important it needs an alarm?  All I saw was a room full of empty tables.  

I don't get embarrassed very easily, but I admit that I was embarrassed today!

No comments: