"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, March 6, 2009

A better day, a better outlook

Boy, my outlook on life has changed since Tuesday! Things are so much better. I think God sometimes give us those overwhelming days so we can look back and see how good He is to us! Everything worked out. The kids have insurance (with a different company), we only had to pay a $50 co-pay instead of the entire $700 doctor bill, and Shaun is doing wonderfully with his cast. His arm still hurts a little, but its nothing we can't manage without Tylenol.

I do have a prayer request. We are in the process of filling out applications for Shaun to receive Medicaid. For those of you who know him, he has a LOT of health issues. We were told that he should qualify. This will help with prescription and therapy costs. We have private insurance right now, but the co-pays are kind of expensive. So pray, pray, pray that everything will go smoothly with the medicaid people. I'm having faith that God will work this out.

I'm excited about this weekend. The weather's going to be beautiful. Since Shaun can't go to sparring class in the morning (because of his wrist) we'll get to sleep late. Chris is going back to California tomorrow, so I'm planning on spending lots of time with the kids outside. I love spring weather. I hope we are able to do some yard work. The leaves seem to have overtaken everything.

I'm off to go play with Jordan now!

Oh, and to all of you who sent emails of concern for my marriage, thank you for your prayers. Chris and I are fine. Divorce is never an option for us! It was just a bad day and our exhaustion and stress levels got the best of both of us. We both talked, apologized, and forgave. Its all good!

No comments: