"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday

Today was not as productive as I wanted it to be. It started off with some drama, which was quickly taken care of. Chris then decided that I needed a break, so he called and asked my parents to watch the kids while we went out for awhile. We went for Mexican, which was great. The service, though, was not so great. We went by church to get the keys for the car that Chris will drive to the airport. While there, we found out that Chris will be teaching the lesson at Kidpak, along with leading worship on 3 different dates. He's nervous, but I know he'll do a great job. I'm amazed at the opportunities God is giving him.

I was supposed to get groceries, but we stayed at church too long. I wound up stopping and getting stuff for spaghetti instead. The kids always ask for spaghetti when Chris is away. Chris stopped by my mom's to say goodbye to the boys before he left for the airport. I was able to visit with my mom while dad kept the kids occupied doing some yard work. We scored a lunch invitation for tomorrow! I love that! Its always a challenge for me to get everything done by myself when Chris is away. Now I'll have one less thing to worry about tomorrow.

The kids and I came home and they went wild. Seriously. I don't know what was wrong with them. I fed them and put them to bed as quickly as I could. J's sound asleep, but Shaun's having trouble drifting off. I finally gave in and moved him to my bed so he would go to sleep. Since we're losing an hour of sleep tonight, I figured he needs all the sleep he can get.

I cannot express how glad I am that this week will be over tomorrow. This has really been a horrible week. Its been a long time since my stress level has been so high. I had a little talk with God the other day and told Him I expected better for next week! I'm sure He agrees with me...He knows how much I can take! Seriously, I am praying for a nice calm, uneventful week this week.

I'm excited about church tomorrow. I definitely need a refreshing!

No comments: