"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jordanisms

Jordan's vocabulary and speech are coming right along with much improvement. This is an answer to prayers! I was kind of pessimistic when he was turned down for speech therapy, but I guess those therapists know what they're talking about after all. Now that he's talking more, he has such funny things to say:

Last night was Safari Night at church. We herded all the preschool kids into the chapel and saw a presentation of wild animals. The animal man started out with a beautiful exotic bird. Jordan took one look at that colorful bird and said "Oh look, its a chicken". I tried to explain that it wasn't a chicken, but he wouldn't listen. I don't remember the actual name of the bird, but when the man brought it around so all the kids could see it, Jordan said it again "That's a chicken". The sweet animal man tried to explain that it was not a chicken, but a (insert correct name of bird here). He went on to talk about all the beautiful colors God gave this bird. After hearing this, Jordan looked up at him and said "That's just a chicken".

One of Jordan's favorite things to do right now is watch "Nach Libre" on Chris' I Pod. When he wants to do this, he'll say "Dad, I wanna watch Nacho on he Pie Pod". We don't even bother to try to correct him anymore.

Jordan also loves to eat Bapples (apples) and his favorite restaurant is Rye uns (Ryans).

Everyone who knows Jordan knows he loves animals. He especially loves walliwators (alligators) and ophants (elephants).

Like almost any boy, Jordan does NOT like to help out with chores around the house. Today, for example, I was folding a mountain of laundry and asked him to bring me some towels that I couldn't reach. He got up, walked to the towels and picked up one wash cloth. He brought it to me and said, with a pained expression, "I just can't do this. I have a boo boo on my finger".

Funny, funny stuff!

No comments: