"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hair cuts

Chris gave the boys haircuts today. He does this on occasion, especially for Jordan. We've never had a problem before.

Shaun was first. Chris cut it a bit shorter than I would have liked, but it still looked good. Next it was Jordan's turn. Chris took him into the kitchen at my parents' house. I, foolishly, stayed in the living room, talking to my mom. I heard Chris giggling so I went to check it out. He was right in the middle of giving my second born son a mohawk. That's right. A full-fledged mohawk. Not a faux-hawk. No, not at all. The kind of mohawk where you're bald except for a shock of hair down the middle of your head. Jordan looked like a chemo patient.

Needless to say, I was furious. As was my mom. We made him finish shaving it all off, because we couldn't let little Jordan go around looking like that! Chris kept insisting that it was cool. I said we should do the same thing to his hair, since he liked it so much. But no, my dear husband would have none of that. His exact words were: "You can't expect me to do my hair like that. I have to go to work and talk to people." Huh? I suppose he thinks Jordan doesn't go anywhere. Like school, church, doctors appointments, errands....

A very important lesson was learned today: I will never again trust my husband with my childrens hair.

I would post a picture of Jordan if I could only find my camera cable. Well, maybe I wouldn't.

No comments: