"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A minute to myself!

Wow.  Mom took Shaun to Tae Kwon Do.  Jordan already fell asleep.  Chris is working.  So I'm all alone!  This never happens, at least not before 9 :00 pm.  

I miss my sister.  She went camping with her family and I haven't talked to her since Sunday.  Not sure when she's coming back.  It is quite boring without her.  The boys and I have been going swimming every day.  They like it better now that Susie and Papa are home from work this week.  

We had fresh garden veggies for dinner last night.  I fried some okra.  It was only my second attempt, and it turned out pretty good.  We also had green beans, tomatoes and cucumbers.  All from mom and dad's garden.  My tomato plants are not growing.  I'm disappointed.  I love garden tomatoes.  

In more somber news, the Smiths are absolutely broke this week.  Ugh.  I hate this.  Neither Chris nor I got paid at church this past Sunday.  I don't know if Chris will get paid tomorrow, either.  We will both eventually get our money, but what with the holiday and people being on vacation, I guess things happen.  When I say broke, I mean 10 bucks in the bank.  We're almost out of diapers, too.  Wonderful.  I praying that Chris gets paid tomorrow, but if he doesn't I'm curious to see how we'll make it to Friday.  I'm surprisingly calm about this.  I guess deep down  know we'll be okay- that God will take care of us.  I'm such a control freak, though- I need to know how its all going to work out.

I think a storms brewing.  I'm hearing some scary loud thunder.  Hope it doesn't wake Jordan.  I gave him some Crystal Light yesterday that had Red 40 in it.  Stupid, I know.  He was up until 11:30.  We had to get up early to take Shaun to school, so he didn't get enough sleep.  No nap today, either, so he zonked out after dinner while he watched "Happy Feet".  He didn't even wake up when  I gave him his medicine and put a diaper on him.  He looks so peaceful when he sleeps...like a little angel boy...

No comments: