"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Visitation and 4th of July

We had visitation for Jeff yesterday.  All in all, a  very long day.  I know everybody says this at viewings, but he really did look good.  Much better than the last time I saw him.  Definitely not sick anymore.  My family is doing alright.  My cousins Jerry and Jon act like they're high on something.  Which they probably are.  Who knows?  Kind of an awkward situation.  The funniest thing that happened yesterday:  We were in lounge at the funeral home and one of the funeral home worker men came in.  My dad looked at him and said "Howdy do".  We teased him unmercifully for the rest of the day.  Not sure why it struck me as so funny, but it did.  I always try to find humor in every situation!  

Chris and Todd kept all the children yesterday and met us at the funeral home last night.  After they had seen Jeff, ate cake, and explored a little, we left to go catch some fireworks.  It wasn't meant to be.  The city of Gainesville move the fireworks venue to a park.  Not only was the park full by the time we got there, but traffic was lined up and down the street with people trying to get in.  We drove forever trying to find a spot where we thought the kids could see fireworks.  We finally parked in the lot of a tanning salon, spread our blankets and gave the kids their Happy Meals.  We noticed some clouds and lightening in the distance, but thought the storm would wait.  Before the first firework went off, it started pouring.  We scrambled to get everyone in the vans and went home.  The kids were disappointed, to say the least.  Chris and I were talking and we think it has stormed the past few years on the 4th.  Oh well, there's always next year, I suppose. 

Its about time to get ready for the funeral.  I'm waiting for Chris to get home.  He better not be late!  We're taking the kids to my aunt Rita's house for the afternoon.  Hope she knows what she's getting herself into!

No comments: