"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, July 21, 2008

A break and a manger

I got my break this afternoon, after all.  I had a pretty good time, even though I gained 2 pounds at Weight Watchers.  I don't really understand that.  Must be all my night time snacking.  Besides the meeting, I went to Kroger and Dollar General ALL BY MYSELF!  It was HEAVEN!!!  But, I admit it, I missed the kids, so I'm glad I'm back.  

My Granny called me tonight.  She's had this plant since I was a little girl.  Its called "Christ in a Manger".  It only blooms a few times a year, and I've never seen it.  It bloomed tonight, so Chris, the boys, my sister and her family all went to my grandparents house to witness the event.  After a LOT of waiting, the flowers bloomed...and they DID look like Christ in a manger!  The bloom even has a star.  It was pretty neat.  Of course, Chris made fun of us all.  That nerd.  

After dinner tonight, the wind really started blowing.  I looked out the window and saw leaves and dirt flying everywhere.  I decided to go out and investigate, and when I did I got nailed in the head with a flying branch.  Ouch.  Not my smartest move.  

Right now its all calm in the house.  The kids are asleep.  Chris is in bed.  I'm waiting for my Simply Sleep pills to kick in.  I haven't been sleeping so well.  Hopefully that will change tonight.  

Okay, enough rambling.  Time to hit the sack. 

No comments: