"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, July 3, 2008

More re: sad news

I finally made it to my grandparents' house tonight.  I'll say it again-- My heart is breaking for them.  Especially my grandpa.  Pawpaw is one of the funniest people I know.  Always laughing, joking, and poking fun at everyone he loves.  Tonight, he sat down at the table, looked at me and said "I just don't know what I'm going to do".  Then his eyes filled with tears.  Horrible- one of the saddest things I've ever experienced.  Granny is doing better than I expected.  She hugged me tonight and told me that I'd have to help her through this.  I don't know what I can do for her, but I'll try to be there if she needs something.  Its strange when you're the one having to support your supporters.  I've had to be strong a lot over these past few months.  When my grandmother died, I remember holding onto my mom as the funeral directors wheeled her out of the house.  I had never had to comfort my mom before.  She's always been the one to comfort me.  Like I said, strange.  And sad that I have to be thinking about this. 

Tomorrow will be hectic.  I don't really know what to do with the children.  My mother's sister had planned a cookout.  I think I'm going to send Chris and the kids to the cookout while I go to the visitation.  Then we'll all go back for the 2nd visitation at 6:00.  I'm exhausted now, so I'm going to try and get some sleep. 

No comments: