"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, July 21, 2008

So, this is what's been happenin'

I'm back to blogging again.  I stopped for a while.  I guess I just got too busy.   Here's what's happened in the past few weeks:

Our well pump messed up last week.  One minute we had water, the next we didn't.  So the well pump man came out and fixed the wire that had broken.  We got our bill yesterday.  Over 300 dollars.  Ouch.  

Jordan's ear is infected again.  For the second time in less than a month, his ear started draining out nastiness.  Went back to the doctor, who prescribed both an oral and ear drop antibiotic.  He seems better.  At least his ear is staying dry.  I wish I knew if the ear tube is still in or not.  The doc couldn't tell at our visit because of all the gunk.  We go back next week for a re-check, so guess I'll find out then. 

Shaun had his hair dyed a lovely shade of  blue.  That's right, blue.  We let him dye his hair blue for good behavior.  Actually, its fading so now it looks kinda green.  He loves it, though.  I figured if he wants weird hair its better to let him do it now.  That way it'll be out of his system.  I remember I always wanted to dye my hair and I was never allowed.  The minute a could drive and had money of my own I bought jet black dye.  Goodness.  What was I thinking?  Anyway, the blue will have to be gone by the time school starts, per the School Rules and Regulations we received in the mail.  So its all good.  

We've switched our house around.  The dining room moved to the den.  Chris' studio moved to the "old" dining room.  This is both good and bad.  Good because I no longer have to go down to our spider infested basement to check my email.  Bad because now all of Chris' friends and clients will be up here all the time.  We painted the new office gray and put in new carpet.  Actually, Chris and my dad did it, and they did  a great job.  It looks wonderful.  Eventually we will enclose the garage to make more recording space. 

Chris and Rex tried out a drummer today.  It doesn't look promising.  They said he was a "metronome" player.  Whatever that is, its not what they want, so the search continues.  

I've been doing a lot of reading.  Right now I'm reading a collection of short stories by Stephen King.  Its pretty good.  I've also been reading a lot of Ted Dekker and Karen Kingsbury, of course.  The library is my new favorite place!


No comments: