"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sad news

Got a call from my sister at midnight last night.  My uncle Jeff, my dad's brother, passed away.  We are shocked, even though he's been sick for about a year and a half now.  I just saw him this past Sunday.  He didn't look that great, but he acted okay and he'd been having some better days.  My grandparents have pretty much been taking care of him since he's been sick.  He's divorced and his kids aren't around much.  The grandparents are taking it pretty hard.  So is my dad.  My grandparents had called him last night when Jeff got so sick, and he had to do CPR on him.  I can't imagine.  

My heart is breaking for my grandparents.  I cannot imagine out-living my children.  I don't know what to say or do.  I called to talk to her, but someone else beeped in after only a few minutes.  I'm going to try to go see them later on, after Chris gets home.  

Shaun was upset by the news, more than I expected.  He wanted to know if Jeff was saved or not.  I didn't know.  But I just talked to my mom and she said that Jeff had been saved when he was a little boy.  So, hallelujah, he's in Heaven!  At least the family has that for comfort. 

No comments: