"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, July 21, 2008

This heat!

Ugh.  What a hot day.  The heat is stifling outside, so the boys and I went swimming for a few hours.  Jordan finally swam all by himself in the arm floats.  We've been waiting all summer for this!  We got home a few minutes ago.  I put Jordan in the bed and started a black bean and rice salad for dinner.  I think it'll go well with the salsa and chicken I've got in the Crock Pot.  

I think I'm getting a break tonight.  I better!  The plan is for Chris to get home from work on time and take the kids swimming again while I go to Weight Watchers.  All by myself!  It better work out that way.  The kids have been a challenge today.  I don't know what it is.  The heat, maybe.  Who knows?  I've feel like I've been yelling at them all day.  Anyway, I'm overdue a shift where I'm "off-duty", and I'm excited.  Even if its just going to a W W meeting.  What an exciting life I lead!

No comments: