"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Together Again!

My friend Elissa was in town this week.  I haven't seen her since she moved away last November.  I was so excited to see her again! You know you have a true friend when you can go almost a year without seeing each other and then you're able to pick right up where you left off.  

We met up in Buford and may or may not have bought matching purses.  That's really  not as dorky as it sounds since we don't live in the same state anymore. No one will ever see us with our purses!  She also spoiled Violet a little bit.  

Funny story:
A few weeks ago I was in Target with my mom.  I saw the cutest little baby girl outfit involving a skull t-shirt paired with a black tutu.  To clarify, the skull was very feminine and even had a pink bow on it.  I fell in love with that outfit but wondered how other people would feel about it.  I knew my mom would give it a big "No!" so I turned to a friend who just happened to be there in the infant section.  I asked her if she'd let her own baby girl wear it, and she shot me down.  Undeterred, I spotted another woman in the baby section.  This particular woman was pierced, tattooed, and was wearing a Metallica t-shirt.  "Excuse me," I said.  "Would you let your baby wear this outfit?"

"Um... no.  I wouldn't".

I was really surprised, but I took that as a sign that I shouldn't dress Violet in that shirt, even though I loved it.  So I picked something else.  When I met Elissa at Target on Tuesday, she handed me a pink bag.  Inside was... the pink skull outfit.  I was so excited!  I can't wait to see Violet in it.  Elissa said she  had to get it because "It's so Erin".  Ha! She also painted the sweetest picture for Violet's room.  It matches perfectly.  I'll post a picture soon.

We met another friend, Glenda then and the three of us had lunch at Mimi's and then I paid my first visit to Charming Charlie's.  Wow, am I hooked on that store now!  They were having a BOGO sale, so I scored a necklace and a headband for less than 5 dollars.  

Here we are outside at the mall.  Apparently it was purple day.  I didn't realize how big I'd gotten until I saw this picture!

I wanted to post a picture with Glenda, but she won't allow it.  :(

I was really, really tired after that and Chris and the kids weren't due to be out of the movies for a few more hours, so we just went back to Elissa's hotel room so I could rest.  I'm no fun anymore, but she was nice enough to not say so.  

It was really good to get to talk and catch up on each other's lives.  Have I mentioned how much I've missed her?

I'm so thankful that God blessed me with her friendship.  





No comments: