"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, August 25, 2012

37 Weeks


I hit 37 weeks on Thursday.  Something happened that I wasn't expecting.  I woke up terrified.  I was 37 weeks pregnant with Jordan when he started having issues.  If I hadn't been at the doctor's office at the right time, who knows what would have happened.  But I was, and everything turned out fine.  I know the fact that I'm 37 weeks today doesn't mean that something's going to go wrong now.  My heart knows that God has everything under control,  but like I told some of my close friends today, my head just won't stop thinking!  I asked several of my friends and family members to pray for me to have peace today.  I only have one more week to be pregnant and I want to enjoy it.  I don't want to spend it being a total neurotic basket case.  

I felt the prayers that were prayed for me that day.  I love it when that happens!  By lunchtime I was calm and collected and the boys and I enjoyed our day.  I had to take them with me to my ultrasound appointment today because all of my babysitters flaked out on me.  Ha ha!  Really, my sister (who is my number one sitter) had to take my niece to Atlanta for a doctors appointment.  My grandmother was watching her other three kids and Chris had to work.  Children are allowed at Dr Allaire's office, so I just took the boys with me.  

At first they wanted no part of it, but I bribed them with a Mellow Mushroom lunch.  After that, it was smooth sailing.

Thank goodness for the Nintendo DS.  They had something to do while we waited.

Once the ultrasound started, the first thing the tech said to me was, "Oh, look.  Baby's practicing her breathing!"

This was such a God-thing,  because one of the reasons we knew something was up with Jordan was because he wasn't breathing at all during his last ultrasound.  God knew what I needed to hear to ease my mind.  We also found out that Violet is weighing in at about 8 pounds, 6 ounces.  Woah.  She's already passed Jordan's birthweight and she's only two ounces behind Shaun's.  And her "real" due date isn't even for 3 more weeks!  I guess we don't have to worry about my high blood pressure restricting her growth!  

Shaun was really interested in the ultrasound, which was a far, FAR cry from the way he felt the last time he went with me!  He couldn't get over the size of his sister's head, which I admit did look quite large.  Thank goodness for c-sections!

Only 5 days left.  To say that we're excited is an understatement.  I'm not sure if they boys are more excited about having seeing their sister or about not having a pregnant mother anymore.  :)

I took this picture yesterday.  The kids and I went to work with Chris and I was listening to his sermon backstage.  

I'm beginning to develop an Instagram addiction.  

No comments: