"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Shameless Complaints...

Warning:  If complaining pregnant women annoy you, do yourself a favor.  Stop reading now.  Because I'm going to complain.



I'm in the homestretch of this pregnancy.  I can glimpse the light at the end of the tunnel.  It's very faint, but I can see it!  Up until this point, I've felt pretty good.  Don't get me wrong.  I've had the back aches and lack of sleep that are the norm for most third trimester pregnancies, but for the most part I can't complain.  

Until today.  

I've felt absolutely awful yesterday and today. I'm  hurting.  Seriously hurting in my back.  And my butt and the backs of my thighs.  I look like an 90 year old grandma when I walk.  At first this only happened in the mornings and a warm bath would cure it.  Now it's all day every day and the only thing a bath does is give me 15 minutes of peace and quiet.  Which is still nice!

Another thing that's bothering me:  my vagina.  It feels like it's falling out.  Constantly.  Again, this is a new thing.  I've always carried my babies low, but I've never hurt like this before.  Last week we learned that Violet already weighs 6 pounds and 13 ounces. And yesterday I saw my OBGYN and he confirmed that all sweet 6 pounds and 13 ounces of her are sitting right on my cervix.  His exact words were, "Wow, that little head is really down there.  You must be really uncomfortable".  Ha ha! 

I've also been having some contractions, I suppose of the Braxton-Hicks variety.  Kind of painful, but not painful enough to do any damage.  

What could do some damage, however, is how grouchy I've been.  I feel so sorry for the Hubs.  I've been so unreasonable and emotional.  He really can't do anything right.  Not really, but that's how it must seem.  I'm getting really overwhelmed with things that need to be done around the house and I'm hurting too badly to do much of anything that involves walking around and bending over.  

Have I mentioned all the tiredness?  This afternoon I was so tired that I fell asleep during Jordan's reading lesson. I dozed on and off for an hour and a half while the children entertained themselves.  I never do that!  The boys were good sports about it, though.  They played XBox and ate leftover macaroni while I napped.  

I think my stomach also grew by a couple inches last night.  Every t-shirt I own, including those belonging to Chris, are barely long enough to fit over my stomach. Oh, and my legs and ankles are swelling.  Nothing too bad, but I can tell a difference in the way my pants and shoes fit.  Nothing makes a girl feel attractive like having boot-cut jeans fit more like skinny jeans.   

I think I've covered everything now.  

I only have two more weeks left.  Technically, two weeks and two days. I really am so blessed. Sometimes I think about what we went through with her months and months ago, and I'm overwhelmed with what God has given to us.



Violet will be here before we know it.  Until then, we have these new pictures to look at.


She definitely has Shaun's nose!
  


Yes, she is worth every ounce of discomfort.  

No comments: