"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

3 Weeks, 2 Days, and Some Catfish

We have a date!  My doctor's office called today and we scheduled my c-section.  Sweet, little Violet will be joining us on August 30th.  We're almost ready.  Her room is just about finished, the clothes are washed, car seat is in the car.  My bag still isn't packed, but it will be tomorrow.  My dad has had to pack my bag in the past because I've been sent to the hospital unexpectedly.  I don't want him to have to do it again.  One of my friends suggested that I pack the bag and leave it in the car.  That's what I plan to do. I want to be prepared this time!

My mom went with me to the doctor yesterday.  Violet was being stubborn.  The nurses had a hard time tracking her down for the non-stress test.  My blood pressure was also really high when I first came in, but went down a lot after I laid down for awhile.  The doctor seems to think I'm doing too much and ordered me to rest more.  It's hard- there's so much to do.  The funny thing is that my cousin, who is also pregnant, had the appointment right before me.  Her blood pressure is also high and the doctor commented that pregnancy-induced hyper-tension must run in our family. Sigh.  

After the appointment we ran some baby errands and I won't lie-  it wore me out.  I was so tired and sore after just a few places.  I decided I'd obey the doctor's orders and really hunker down and get more rest.  I've laid low today and really do feel so much better.  

While my mom and I were gone, my sister stayed home with all of our kids.  Luckily for her, my dad came home and took the three oldest kids fishing.  Here's a photo of the fishermen and their catch.

I foresee a fish fry in the family's near future.  



No comments: