"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Family of Four


Friday didn't go as planned.  We (The Hubs, the kids, and I) were supposed to go visit the school where Chris will be working on Fridays and then go bowling with some friends.  After that, I had big plans to go home and get off my feet.  

But it just didn't happen.  

I forgot to print off our free bowling coupons and it threw off our whole day.  I was upset at first, because I think this may have been the last week the kids will get to bowl for free.  But somewhere during the long drive to Bethlehem (that'd be Bethlehem, GA and not the birthplace of Jesus)I relaxed and began to enjoy the day.  I realized that we have precious few days left with "just the four of us" and today we threw our plans out the window and rolled with the punches.  

We did go visit the Christian school where Chris will be working on Fridays.  We met the teachers, staff, and students.  He's very excited about leading chapel with the kids each week and we are so thankful that God has opened this door for us.  


Next, we went to Buford to spend a Macy's gift card that one of my friends gave us for Violet.  We picked out two cute outfits and Chris insisted on getting a bib that reads, "Are these people seriously my relatives?".  Ha ha!  I wonder if Violet will really think that about us?

We window shopped for a little while and when we passed the Build-A-Bear Workshop, Shaun had the great idea to make a bear for Violet- a gift to her from her brothers.  It was the sweetest thing.  Both he and Jordan were given bears when they were babies and we still have them.  The boys agreed that Shaun could pick out the bear if Jordan could pick her outfit. Shaun wound up picking a monkey and both boys were able to put a heart inside.  



Shaun decided that the monkey's name should be VV.  Here he is, filling out her birth certificate.  

Jordan picked out the outfit, and I think he did a great job.  he had to have the "Kidpak shoes"!


I was so, SO proud of both of them that day.  They were so unselfish and didn't even ask for anything for themselves.  They were so excited and proud of themselves for doing something for their sister.  It almost made me cry!

We went to lunch at Chuck E. Cheese's after we left the mall.  It had been a long time since we'd been.  Jordan couldn't even remember the last time.  The pizza was still the same (not so great!) but the kids had a great time.  While we were waiting on our food and the kids were playing games, it really hit me that we only have a few days left with just the boys. I got so emotional and started crying!  Thankfully, I got a grip on myself and saved the family some embarrassment.  


I've been looking for crocheted flowers to clip on to Violet's hats and headbands ever since we found out we were having a girl.  My mom told me that Hobby Lobby carried them, but I detest craft stores.  Crafts are not my thing.  I looked for these flowers at Jo Anne's and Michael's but could never find them.  Since we were in Buford anyway,  decided to bite the bullet and visit Hobby Lobby.  I'm glad I did, because I found the flowers.  I can't wait for V to wear them!  

Twenty dollars worth of baby hair accessories later, we took the boys to Wal-Mart so that they could spend some of the money they've been earning.  Jordan picked a Magic 8 Ball and he's been asking it questions constantly. Shaun chose a Star Wars Legos alarm clock for their room.  

After Wal-Mart we were all so tired.  I had some things to take back to the outlet mall in Dawsonville, but Chris and the boys had had enough shopping.  So I called my Granny and asked her to go with me instead.  She was glad to go, but I needed a rest first, so I went home and took a nap.  We finally made it to the mall and I returned all of my stuff.  Then I went to the Converse store.  The last time we were there, Chris had wanted to buy Violet some pink Chuck Taylors.  I thought they were super expensive and impractical and talked him out of it.  Then, I felt bad.  I decided that every girl should have a pair of pink Chuckies from her Daddy.  So we came home with these:

I'm sure she'll wear them home from the hospital, and then when she outgrows them we'll put them in a shadowbox. 

I got back home to find that everyone was starving and that we had no food in the house.  It was late and I didn't have mental energy to compile a grocery list, so we left again to get some dinner.  The boys wanted Captain D's, so that's where we went.  We had a nice meal together and God blessed us with a beautiful lightening show on the way home.  

It was a good day.  Crazy and hectic, yes.  But good all the same.  We enjoyed being together and I was glad that the boys were able to do some fun things with us before their sister arrives and turns our lives upside down!  We want to do one more fun thing with them... maybe tubing or a water park.  It will have to be sometime soon, as we are running out of time.  :)

No comments: