"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, August 3, 2012

Second Glance

I had another ultrasound yesterday.  I posted this picture of Violet on Facebook:


My sister sent a text a few hours later asking me if I saw the other face in the picture.  I told her I didn't know what what she was talking about and she directed my attention to the space between Violet's head and her arm.  I took a second glance and saw it.  Can you?

I sent a text back that said, "OMG!  What is that?"  I was a little worried for a minute.  Could there really be 2 babies in there?  After all this time, could all the doctors have missed one?  I've since come to the conclusion that photographing babies in utero must be like photographing fires.  Sometimes the moving flames can appear to be faces.  Or in my case, sometimes movements in amniotic fluid can appear as a creepy face.   I hope.  

In other news, our appointment was great yesterday.  My blood pressure was... normal!  Can you believe it?  I was so thrilled.  If this keeps up, I will be able to carry Violet for 39 weeks.  She put on a show for her daddy and me- lots of squirms and wriggles and she was playing with her toes.  She stretched her toes apart just the way Shaun did when he was a baby.


He grinned a little when we told him.  I think he's more excited to have her here than I am!

No comments: