"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Last...

For the past few days, I've been playing a new game.  Its called "The Last".  Everything I do, I think to myself, "This is the last time I'll __________ until the baby comes".

Such as:

The last time I'll go to the grocery store.  
The last time I fill the car up with gas. 
The last day I have with the boys all by myself.  
The last doctor's appointment.
The last time I get to have a "sleep in" morning.
The last time I go to church.  
The last time I watch "Twilight". 

You get the idea.  

Its kind of sad.  A lot of sad, actually!  Things are going to be so different!  I'm worried about not being able to pay each kid the same amount of attention.  Chris and I will be outnumbered!  I don't want anyone to feel unloved or left out.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, that's for sure.  

Tonight I'll be playing a big game of "The Last".  On the agenda:
The last time we go to church as a family of 4.
The time I go to sleep at night pregnant. 
The last time I kiss my two boys goodnight before they become big brothers. 
The last night I spend as the only female in the family.
The last night I spend before my husband and I have a daughter.

Big stuff.  

No comments: