"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, February 6, 2012

Sick

Here are some of the places I've thrown up in lately:

* Church- main campus.

*Church- north campus.

*Papa's Pizza.

*The kids' co-op.

*Target.

*The Georgia Aquarium.

*My own bathroom.

*My mother's bathroom.

*My friend Vicki's bathroom.

*My Granny's bathroom.

*McDonald's.

*Kroger

*Any other place I've visited, with the exception of Chick Fil A.

I am so, so thankful for this pregnancy but ready for some relief from this constant sickness. This is my third time around with this, but the morning sickness... um... Noontime sickness? Night sickness? The sick-all-the-time thing is new to me. Even Jordan has been telling people, "Did you know that I'm going to be a big brother? My mom throws up all the time now". Nice. I'm
getting ready to try Sea Bands and some ginger root tea tomorrow. I'm also open to any and all helpful suggestions. Or even un-helpful suggestions. Something's gotta give, right?

Some people have speculated that the reason this pregnancy is different is because I'm having a girl this time. Not sure if I believe that...I dreamed I had a boy just the other night. He was really cute and had lots of curly hair, if anyone's interested. Some say I just have more hormones this time. Maybe. I am behaving like an emotionally unstable crying freak all the time. Would that constitute an influx of hormones? It's funny, really. The things I freak out about lately. Like the other night when The Hubs went to the store for milk and made the sad mistake of bringing home whole milk instead of skim. That night was special. I'm so glad he hasn't made a run for the hills yet.

But back to the sick thing. Seriously, I need some help. I'm willing to try anything. If anything has worked for you, your sister, or even your great-aunt back in the olden days- please share the wisdom. I'll be eternally grateful.

No comments: