"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This and that...

*Jordan's playing football.  I don't like football.  In fact, it reminds me of everything I hated about high school. But it's growing on me just a little.  I do think it's a little intense for 7 year olds.  Earlier in the week at practice I was chasing Violet around and trying to watch Jordan at the same time.  And those mean old coaches were yelling at our boys.  I was sitting out there for hours sweating and getting eaten alive by mosquitos and listening to men yell at my son.  And I was thinking, "What the heck are we doing out here??".  But that son of mine loves it, and that makes me happy.  

Shaun has an interview tomorrow.  A "vocal interview".  He's joining a choir for homeschooled kids and the director needs to hear him first.  I guess they're serious about their singing.  I'm so excited about this and so glad I found out about it.  The director asked me if his voice has changed yet.  I told her that it was currently in the process and Shaun's range depends on what day it is.  Ha ha!  Gotta love boys.  

And little Violet learned how to take her diaper off by herself.  She goes quietly into a corner, strips down, and then just goes on about her business until someone notices.  Maybe she'll potty train early.  I can dream, can't I?

The boys were fighting over who's turn it was to sweep the floor today.  Even I couldn't remember and I was so tired of hearing them argue that I just told them to do it together.  It was quiet for about 1.2 seconds before I heard Jordan's voice pipe up with, "You can sweep.  I will do the dust-panning".  Dust-panning.  Heh.  

No comments: