"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, July 19, 2013

Camp

We dropped Shaun off at camp yesterday.  It's weird, not having him here.  Too quiet.  Not really quiet.  We still have two kids here, after all, but quieter.  

Drop off yesterday was quick and painless.  Mostly.  Several of his friends were there and more were on there way.  We turned in paperwork, met his counselor, and watched as they walked to the dorms.  

Then we left.  And I didn't cry.  I think Chris knew that keeping me busy was the key.  So we booked the park for Violet's birthday party next month and went to Wal-Mart.  Then we hit happy hour at Sonic.  I only cried one tear, when I stopped to think about everything.  

I know, it's silly.

Jordan had football practice last night so we didn't get home until late but today was quiet!  Jordan missed his brother.  Kept saying he was bored.  Violet slept a lot.  I tried to clean and get things done but I couldn't stop myself from thinking about my oldest baby.  Thankfully, I made plans with my friend Kelli to get our boys together at the park.  On the way to the park it started raining so we just went to Kelli's house instead.  Our three boys played and Violet toddled around.  And Chris texted and asked if I'd heard from Shaun... the answer was no.  He wasn't allowed to take his cell phone and I knew he'd be mortified if I called him.  I joked to Chris that I was just a few minutes from the camp and that I was thinking about doing a drive-by.  I was only halfway joking, but Chris told me not to be a stalker.  

The youngest kids and I had dinner with Monica tonight.  It was around 9 when I got home and everyone kept asking me if I'd heard from Shaun so I gave in and texted the director to check on him.  She replied that he was having a blast and loving every minute.  I'm so glad!  So glad he's having fun and that he has the opportunity to go to camp and be independent. Letting go is hard, though!  Next time I pray I'm not one big ball of emotions.  

Tomorrow we'll go up for talent nigh and then Sunday I'll pick him up and bring him home after church.  It'll be good to have that little booger back!

No comments: