"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

14

The Sanctuary by:  Ted Dekker

I'm a HUGE Ted Dekker fan.  Remember when I met him last year?  I blogged about it here in case you're interested.  

I usually fly through his books, but it took me six whole weeks to finish this one.  The Sanctuary is the sequel to The Priest's Graveyard, which I read last summer and absolutely loved.  I think I read it in a week.  But then, I was pregnant and had a lot more time to read.  I'd been excited to read more about Danny and Renee for a while, but it took me a while to get into it.  I had to renew it twice from the library and then I had to push myself to finish it yesterday so that I could turn it in without a late fee.  

I generally don't read a lot of Christian fiction because I find most of it to be cheesy and unrealistic.  And Amish.  There are a lot of Christian fiction books about the Amish.  Dekker's are edgy.  Dark.  Most of  his novels remind me of Dean Koontz books minus the sex and foul language.  This one was a little too dark.  Even for me.  Great story, just not my favorite read.  This wasn't a book that I couldn't put down and I probably won't read it again.  

No comments: