"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oh, what a day!

Today was... weird.  Although there's only about 8 more minutes left of today, Wednesday, and by the time I click PUBLISH, it will be Thursday.

Anyway.

 A friend of mine stated earlier tonight that she felt like she was walking in a fog all day. I feel the same way.  Probably because of all the rain.  We took Chris to work this morning and when we came back home my house key was missing from my key chain.  

?!?!

Don't know why, don't know how- but it was definitely not where it needed to be when I was ready to unlock the door.  In the pouring rain.  I wanted to cry.  Shaun had an appointment in the afternoon and we needed showers and acceptable clothing! I couldn't even call Chris because I had kept his phone today so that I could use the GPS.  I miss my phone!  I pulled the car super close to the kitchen window so that Jordan could try to get in.  Never mind that I was 90 percent sure that the window was locked...I was desperate.  Only Jordan couldn't reach the window.  Ha ha ha!  He was standing on the hood of our Explorer in the pouring rain, yelling at me to "make the car turn a little".  I tried to explain that I couldn't make the car turn or it would "turn" into our house!  Shaun offered to try but I was afraid he would put a dent in the car. The highlight of my day was watching my 13 year old stop around the yard yelling, "This sucks!  This sucks!".  And he says I'm dramatic!

Suddenly I remembered that I had taken Chris' keys with me yesterday when I walked up to visit my sister.  I prayed so hard as I dug through my diaper bag... and found the keys!     

We went inside and went on with our day.  We were just about to begin getting dressed for the appointment and church when my sister called to tell me that our dogs were up at my Granny's house on her front porch.  Sigh.  We have two dogs.  One is a wanderer.  She wandered to my Granny's house once and Granny fed her a hamburger.  No wonder she trots up the road to Granny's every chance she gets.  I piled everyone in the car and we drove up to Granny's and the boys herded their wet, smelly dogs into my car.  Ew, ew!  They needed another shower after that!

We got dressed and left for Shaun's appointment.  The boys became famished on the way so I went through the drive through at Chick fil a.  By this time the rain was coming down in sheets and I was getting uneasy.  I hate driving in rain!  We left CFA and I was stopped at a red light, minding my own business when I felt someone starting at me.  I glanced over at the vehicle beside us and found myself staring into the eyes of Creepy MckCreeperson.  I quickly looked away, but he kept staring.  I decided I must know him from somewhere... why else would he be staring that way?  I took another quick peek and he winked at me.  I had never seen this man before in my life and let me tell you... this was the longest red light in the history of the world!  

The light finally changed and I sped off, in spite of the rain.  Thank goodness he didn't follow us on the express way.  I'm not sure what I would have done!

Thankfully, the weirdness subsided then and everything else about the night was relatively normal.  

Going to bed now. 

No comments: