"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Tooth

Last Tuesday we stopped by Granny's house after Jordan was finished with football camp. Chris and I were inside visiting with her and the boys were outside playing a rousing game of "grass hockey".  What's that, you're wondering?  It's a game born from the minds of my children involving a baseball and a few golf clubs.  And that's all I know.  

So, the adults were inside talking and trying to keep Granny's new dog Coco safe from Violet.  She likes to pull his ears.  All of a sudden we heard screams.  Terrified screams and crying.  Jordan came running into the house with bloody hands covering his mouth.  I couldn't even look.  Chris and Granny began to investigate the injury and I went to question Shaun, who was skulking around in the hallway.  I asked what happened and he said, with tear filled eyes, "I accidentally hit him in the mouth with my golf club".

Ouch!  

Thankfully, there wasn't much damage, just a loose tooth.  We decided to call the dentist in the morning since Jordan has some "teeth issues" and because the tooth wasn't loose at all before the accident.  We went in the next day for an exam and some x-rays.  Our dentist, the fabulous Dr. "Ryan" Vaughn told Jordan that he had two weeks to wiggle that tooth and get it out or it would have to be pulled.  

So all this time, he's been wiggling.  And wiggling.  The tooth became looser and looser and yesterday was hanging on by a thread.  Ew.  I hate loose teeth! 

Tonight Chris decided it was time to take matters into his own hands.  He told Jordan he wanted to see how loose it was... and then he pulled it out!

Thank goodness there was no blood.  That's how loose it was!  Jordan was so surprised.  He didn't know if he should laugh or cry.  So he did a little of both.  While he was in the bathroom admiring his new smile I whispered to Chris, "I hope you have some cash on you.  The Tooth Fairy has to come tonight, thanks to you, hot shot."  He had forgotten about that part and we never, ever, have any cash but thankfully my sister did.  And thankfully she lives next door.  We all went up so Jordan could show off his newly snaggled smile and I could borrow some cash.  

Showing off his new smile.  Congratulations, Jordan!

No comments: