"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, July 26, 2013

That Royal Baby

I've been kind of obsessed with Will, Kate, and the Royal Baby lately.  I don't think I've been this excited about the birth of a baby since last summer.  ;)

I was practically giddy this past Monday when I heard the news that Duchess Kate was in labor.  I was glued to Fox News.  So were a lot of my friends, apparently.  

I love the way the birth was announced... "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4:24 p.m."  How royal sounding is that?!  I burst out of my bedroom and announced "It's a prince.  We have a prince!"  Okay, I realize that "we" don't have a prince.  I'm an American citizen and proud of it.  I was just so excited!  My family was less than impressed with the news and I found myself looking at three sets of rolling eyeballs.  

The next day I was busy doing laundry at my sisters- our washing machine died- and shortly after I went home she sent me a text:  "News update:  less than 30 minutes til we see the new prince!"  Once again, I parked it in front of the tv and waited.  And waited.  And then finally they appeared!  I cried a little bit... they just looked so happy.  And Kate looked beautiful.  And I LOVED the way Prince William carried the car seat to the car and drove his own car away from the hospital.  

Sigh.

Jordan was watching with me, but he wasn't impressed.  He took a look and said, "That's it?!".

Of course we got all excited the next day when the new prince's name was announced.  George Alexander Louis, in case you missed it.  Or rather, His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.  Sigh again.

Later on that day I discovered a "Royal Name Generator" on Facebook.  My royal name is Duchess Aquarius the Allusive.  Of course I had to find royal names for all of us:

Chris:  King Arturo the Ever-Moving
Shaun:  Grand Emperor Simon the Ever-Moving
Jordan:  Emperor Simon the Ever-Moving
and Violet:  Grand Dame Wanda the Allusive

I must admit that I smiled when I saw that my three guys' were "Ever-Moving".  How fitting!

It's been an exciting week in the news!

No comments: