"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, November 7, 2011

why I'm thankful, day 7

Tonight I'm thankful that we were able to get Jordan out of this punching bag thingy.


You see, instead of going to sleep tonight my youngest "monster" thought it would be fun to wedge himself inside this punching bad cover... or whatever it's called. I actually thought he was asleep and then I heard both boys calling me. I walked into their room and saw Shaun pointing to the floor with a horrified look on his face. When I looked where he pointed I saw Jordan laying inside this thing, face down on the carpet.

He was stuck.

I couldn't help it. I laughed. And then I went and woke Chris up so he could see this for himself. Then, finally, I tried to pull Jordan out... to no avail. I thought maybe my strength was being compromised by my fits of laughter until I realized that the poor guy was stuck in there with his knees bent. He wasn't going anywhere!

We pulled and pushed until finally Chris decided we should just cut some of the padding out from the inside of the bag. And now all is well.

Yes sir, it's never boring around here.

No comments: