"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

why I'm thankful, day 1


These people.

I don't even know their names, but they blessed me today.


Shaun and some friends were given the chance to minister at The Guest House today. The Guest House is an adult day care center here in town. I had never been there before, but hope we get to go back. At the end of our "program", a lady took hymn requests from the audience. Everyone was singing away and Jordan was getting antsy so I took him out into the front room to sit in some rocking chairs.

The precious lady on the right was giving it her all, belting out the words to the songs. Sometimes she was a little mixed up, but it didn't matter to her at all. I just sat there and took her in as she sang about one day getting her robe and crown, and then she got happy! "Whoo! That line gets me every time", she said.

Here sat an elderly woman who was losing her memory and probably her sanity as well. She was obviously unable to care for herself while unsupervised... but she still had her Jesus.

How thankful I am that even on my worst days, I still have Jesus- and that He cares enough to remind me no matter how many times I forget.

No comments: