"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stressful Weekend Recap

And it really has been. Stressful, that is. And I'm glad its over.

Friday: Boys were on edge. Most-likely because of the weather (its sooo hot). Went swimming with my sister, her girls, and my friend and HER kids. Had a good time at the pool, but stayed so long that I didn't get any housework done. Again. Came home and got the kids bathed because Chris and Shaun had movie plans with another father and son from church. Chris obviously didn't plan on having to work late, but he did. Work late, that is. So late that he was still working at 9:20 when I took Shaun to meet him at the hospital. The guys had revamped their movie plans to attend the 10:00 show of Transformers at the Mall of GA. I dropped Shaun off and headed back home, excited because Jordan had fallen asleep in the van on the way home and I just knew I was gonna get some ME time in.

Wrong! Jordan woke up and didn't go back to sleep until 12:23. Yes, I did say 12:30. But I did get to spend some one-on-one time with him, which was nice. Anyway. While we were watching OUR movie (Nacho Libre) Chris called and informed me that the 10:00 show was sold out and they were going to wait it out until the 11:20 show. Yes, I said 11:20. They had over an hour to wait, he said, so they were going to eat at Ruby Tuesdays. And Shaun wanted a grilled cheese. I convinced him to please not give Shaun the evil wheat-and-MSG-laced grilled cheese. Everyone enjoyed the movie and the boys didn't get home until 3:00 in the morning.

Saturday: We all slept in. I finally woke everyone up at 11:00. Chris was one big grouch. I didn't have much sympathy. I mean, he knew he was tired when he went to the middle-of-the-night movie. He made a CHOICE to stay out late when he knew he had lots to do at home the next day. Such as cutting our grass, which is getting so tall that I will not let the boys play outside because for fear of stepping on a Copper Head. The grass did NOT get cut. Neither did anything else. How on earth could we get any chores completed when we were all busy squabbling with each other all day?

Everyone managed to make up with each other before Daddy left for California. I decided that the boys and I had been cooped up in the house for too long and invited myself over to my sister's. We made plans to make dinner. Only our plans hit some road bumps and we didn't eat until 9:30. Yes, I said 9:30. And yes, all of the children had low blood sugar by then and it definitely showed! Our make-shift dinner turned out pretty tasty.

Got the boys back home around 10:00. Put them in bed and waited until 12:30 for them to fall asleep. Yes, 12:30. Then could't fall asleep myself for worrying about having to get everyone up at 7:00 am. Finally fell asleep.

Sunday: Woke up with the alarm at 7:00. Managed to get kids dressed and fed and out to the van by 8:00 despite their late bed-time hour. Entered church and had a powerful service. Went to teach my little three year olds. They were pretty well-behaved for once. Picked up the boys and carted them out to the van, to the tune of both of them whining that they wanted to go out to eat. Tried to appease them by taking them to McDonalds for sweet teas to drink on the way home. It worked for awhile. Got home. Moved everyone inside. Jordan had a meltdown because he didn't want a sandwich for lunch. Sent him to his room until he calmed down. He came back out a changed baby and had lunch while he calmly watched a movie. While the movie was on, I managed to clean the kitchen, bathroom, and living room. Sweet! Gathered all of our stuff together to go swimming again. We swam/played/read/watched tv/talked at my mom's for 3 hours. Came back home at 8:00. Got the kids in the tub while I whipped up some dinner. Had to punish Shaun for his smart mouth. Put them to bed at 9:00. Jumped for joy at 9:15 when they were both asleep.

So there you have it. My super-stressful weekend. I think PMS has an awful lot to do with my stress level. Now I'm off to get some much-needed rest myself.

No comments: