"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, June 7, 2009

"A Kidpak Party Don't Stop"

I had a major laughing fit today in church. I know, I know...I'm supposed to be mature enough, now that I'm 28 years old, to contain myself in serious surroundings. But I didn't. Here's what happened:

Shaun and I were sitting upstairs at the "big service". (As opposed to the children's service, which is downstairs). Anyway, the 411 video came on. You know, "News You Can Use" about the goings on in our church. The video people start talking about the Summer Blow Out at Kidpak that's happening Wednesday night. They show a few fun pictures of our awesome children's ministry and then quote a song from the Kidpak CD : "There ain't no party like a Kidpak party". That's when Shaun piped up in his best rapper's voice with the next line in the song: "Cause a Kidpak party don't stop".

Right after he said it, he froze...so embarrassed. He didn't really mean to say it, he just wasn't paying that much attention and he heard a familier line, so out of habit, he finished it. His eyes were as big as saucers. He looked at me and I laughed right out loud. Maybe it was my exhaustion (Jordan didn't sleep AGAIN last night) or maybe I just needed a release from my stress-filled morning. But I laughed. In church. We both did. And then we both had to struggle to gain control over ourselves. And it was fun. And then we settled down to be ministered to. And all was well.

I love to laugh. And I'm glad God gave me that moment with my first-born.

No comments: