"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, June 29, 2009

The stress continues

I woke up this morning wondering why Chris hadn't called to let me know his plane landed alright. When I looked at my cellphone, it was off. And it wouldn't turn back on. My phone died. I'll miss it. I called my mom and asked if I could get a new phone, since I'm on her family plan. She said she'd order one for me, but I'm phone-less for now. That terrifies me. My biggest fear is to be out somewhere with the kids and have the van break down. The way my car used to do all the time. No one can fully understand this fear unless you've driven a lemon yourself.

Our internet service is also having issues. I called ATT and was told that our service was interrupted due to nonpayment of our account. What?! Our account is only 11 days overdue. And since I always pay our phone bill at least 3 weeks late, that couldn't be the issue. The rep finally realized that its a technical issue and transfers me. The minute I get upstairs to the computer the children go nuts. The tech support lady sure found my little family humorous! We were "unable to resolve this issue over the phone", so the repair man will be out tomorrow. That is if I don't reschedule the appointment. I have so much to do to get ready for our trip on Friday. And seeing as how we actually DO now have internet service (just a really s l o w connection), I don't see why it can't wait until we get back next week. So yes, that's what I'm going to do. Reschedule that appointment.

I'm waiting on my sister to get here now. We're all going to take Shaun to karate and then run some errands. Because its always so much fun to run errands with all 5 of our children in tow. I'm curious to see how things go tonight.

On a more positive note, when Chris called me last night from OC, he told me that he rode to the airport with Isreal Houghton. How cool is that?!

No comments: