"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So Simply Satisfied

That's been Jordan today. Not always, mind you. But today, my drama king has been easy-going and good-humored. Take, for example this scene that just took place at my house:

The kids were eating lunch (salad, rice casserole, and cheese slices) and watching movies (Scooby Doo for Shaun and TMNT for Jordan). I was upstairs paying bills, checking emails, and updating my Facebook status. I hear Jordan's little feet running up the stairs as he calls out "Erin (yes, he calls me Erin sometimes) Erin. I need some more cheese please!" I go downstairs and put a new slice of cheese on his lunch plate that he's brought me. To which he replies "Oh no, no no. I need TWO cheeses. Please!" I reach down and break his cheese slice into TWO pieces and set them back on his plate. To which he replies sweetly "Oh thank you, Erin!" He then turns and gallops back to the table, where he is still sitting and eating contentedly.

Why can't all of our problems be solved that easily?

No comments: