"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Meeting Ted and Tosca

Last night, I went with two of my good friends to meet two of our favorite authors.  We drove to Barnes and Noble for a book signing of Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee.  To say we were excited about this book signing is an enormous understatement.  We've been reading Ted Dekker's books for years and I just finished my first "Tosca Lee" yesterday morning.  We were a little starstruck.  Thank goodness the authors were nice!

Here we are before the signing.  We were almost the first ones there, so we had good seats!

It's Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee!


Here are some shots of Kendra, Rachel, and myself with the authors.




Funny thing about this picture... I asked them to sign one of my books for Violet, since Chris had gotten autographed pictures of The Falcons for the boys a few months ago.  Tosca Lee asked who Violet was, and I told her that she wouldn't be born until September.  Ted Dekker exclaimed, "Wow, that's so awesome.  Can I just sign her?"  Ha ha.  A little awkward, but still funny.  I'll have a funny story to tell Violet when she's old enough to understand it!


Violet's autographed copy of Mortal.  As my friend Kendra said, "She'll love it in about fifteen years".  :)

No comments: