"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, January 20, 2012

meeting the peanut

I had my first official OB appointment today, and Chris and I were so blessed to be able to "meet" our new little peanut. Chris calls the baby a peanut. So I guess I will, too.

The appointment went well. One funny thing was that we were asked by several nurses if this was our first baby. They all seemed so surprised when we announced that this was indeed our third baby because, and I quote, "You both look too young to have three children". I took that as a definite compliment, even though I think we look every bit- if not more- as old as we actually are.

I was worried about this appointment. I had prepared myself for every possible scenario that could have went down today. In fact, when the ultrasound began I had my eyes closed until I heard a heart beat. It was music to my ears. I know living in fear is no way to go through a pregnancy, or life for that matter. My faith is really lacking in this area. I've had two NICU babies, and I just always expect the worst. I would appreciate any prayers for this. I want to be able to expect the best, not the worst. Hopefully I'll get there soon.

Like I said, the appointment was good. I love my doctor and feel comfortable that he'll take good care of us. He did such a good job with Jordan. I'll have to write about his birth story soon. There are some extremely funny parts to it!

We were kind of surprised today because the ultrasound revealed that I'm not as pregnant as I thought I was. Previously, my due date was September 4, which put me at 7 1/2 weeks. Today my due date was changed to September 13, which means I'm only 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant. So, I was only 4 weeks pregnant when I took my first test. No wonder I was acting hormonal! Apparently I ovulated later than I thought. Those ovaries of mine are always causing confusion!

I can't end this post without mentioning that Shaun requested prayer for me at co-op yesterday. Unprompted and in front of everyone he announced that his mother was pregnant and that he was praying for everyone to be healthy. I love him, and I love that he has such a tender heart.

No comments: