"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

my epic fail

I'd been looking forward to tonight's dinner all day. Chris and I are still fasting, but I found a website full of delicious recipes called Ultimate Daniel Fast. Sometimes it's like we're not even fasting anymore, this food's so good!

Two Bean Burgers was on tonight's menu. I'd never made black bean burgers before, but they made it sound so easy. In addition to the burgers I'd planned to have corn on the cob and some sauteed zucchini, squash, and onions. Yum.

Well, black bean burgers are a lot harder to make than I thought. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but these "patties" didn't cook correctly. In the end they basically looked like piles of re-fried beans. They tasted alright, I guess, but nowhere close to what I was expecting. To top it off, I emptied about half a jar of soy sauce on top of the veggies because someone had dropped the jar, broken it's lid, and then put the broken jar back into the refrigerator without telling anyone. I tried to pour the vegetables into a colander and let the excess sauce drain off, but they still came out nasty. I did manage to not mess up the corn on the cob, but by that time nothing tasted good to me. I was so disappointed.

I haven't had a meal turn out that badly since I was a newlywed.

Maybe one day I'll laugh about it, but right now I'm still hungry. So I'm making myself some popcorn.

No comments: