"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

i turned 31!

I turned 31 a few weeks ago. For the second year in a row, I wasn't drowned in the depths of depression on my birthday. I have never...ever...been able to enjoy my birthday because of the "holiday blues" or whatever they're called. I hope they're gone for good, because 30 and 31 were great birthdays for me!

My sweet friend Kendra invited me to lunch, and I brought my mom along. It was mom's first time at Mellow Mushroom. It was delicious. And then Chris met us over there after he got off work, and found a hair in his food. Kind of put a damper on things, but us girls had already eaten and at least he got his meal for free. Ha ha!

Kendra gave me The Hunger Games for my birthday. She always knows what I like! I love it. I've been really exhausted at night and actually falling asleep at a decent hour, or I would have finished it by now. I can't wait to read the rest of the series, and of course see the movie this Spring.

My mom took me shopping after lunch. We were only supposed to be gone for a few hours, but didn't get finished until almost 8:00. That's usually how it goes with us.

Chris and the kids met me in town when I was finished and took me to Outback for dinner. I had ribs. Jordan took one look and asked why my steak had toe nails. Oh, that child.

It was a great day, and I felt very blessed.

This weekend, I met up with my girlfriends for laser tag and dinner. Laser tag here in Gainesville is confusing, and I was horrible. The only person who did worse than me had a broken gun. I had fun anyway.

The teenage laser tag guy took this photo of us before we got started. I think he thought we were quite hilarious. Or maybe mentally challenged. Either way, he looked amused the whole time he talked with us.

Some of us are missing, but I can't say enough how blessed I am to have such a wonderful group of friends. We laugh, we cry, we pray, and we play. What more could I ask for?


No comments: