"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

mpn



Mom's Night Out was a little different this month. We painted, which made the night Mom's Paint Night instead of the regular old MNO. Despite the facts that I'm not artistic at all and my projects are usually a disaster, (anyone remember this night?)I had a blast. I think we all did.

Our instructor has taught Shaun's art classes for about a year now, and she's fabulous. She has a way of drawing a person's creativity out and she was able to relate each of our paintings to each of our lives. While we were painting, we were supposed to write down scriptures and words as the Lord gave them to us. Except I was too busy concentrating and giggling to do this. Bad, I know. The whole point of this project was to meditate as we painted and allow God to speak to us as He saw fit. I just couldn't do much meditating. I was too worried about messing my painting up. Maybe next time I'll be able to relax and just let what happens, happen. Several of the ladies present were able to meditate and can I just say that the Lord really had some good words for them. I was blessed by what everyone had to say. And of course, I cried. Did you know that I'm a crier?

One thing I like about Mrs. Lynn is the way she presents each completed project to the class and discusses what she sees in each of them. Or rather, what the Lord allows her to see. She's pretty right on most of the time. When it was my turn, she held up my painting, paused a bit, and then said, "I see the shield of faith". Wow. She went on to talk about how maybe bad things happen and they bounce off the shield. I don't know how true that is of me currently, but that's what I strive for. To have complete faith that everything's going to be alright. To completely trust in my Father that he's got this...whatever this is at the moment.


If you can't tell from the photo, our paintings say FAITH, with a mustard seed dotting the "i". I love each woman in this picture. We all have our stories. Times in our lives when our faith was tested. Times we've failed and succeeded. And times when our faith is where it should be. We're all strong but still have moments when we're weak, and we're not afraid to admit that. I'm so blessed to have these ladies in my life. Their testimonies and stories of faith have each had an effect on my life. I think I've written before about how God really new what he was doing when we began to homeschool the boys. He knew I needed friends.

There's just something sweet about a friend who shares your faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin, It truly was an amazing night. I am also not artistic, but my kiddos thought I had bought the painting at the store so it turned out pretty good! LOL! It was a much needed night with a group of really awesome moms!

Hugs ~ Rebecca