"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, December 6, 2010

If I Believed in Karma...

I went out Saturday night to help my sweet friend Kendra celebrate her birthday. We ate:

Yes. I know. This is the worst-quality picture...EVER. But its the only one I've got!

and then went to paint pottery. I had my doubts about this activity, since I'm neither an artist nor creative (my coloring sheets always look as if Jordan did them instead of me) but decided to be a good sport. After all, it was for Kendra!

So there we were. Painting pottery. Here's a shot of the birthday girl herself and our friend Natasha, working on their fabulous creations.


They were really quite good at it!

I was not. It turns out that my handwriting is even more horrible when I paint than when I try to write with a pen or pencil. My Christmas ornament looked as if a five year old had painted it. When I pointed this fact out to my friends, my sweet friend Kendra burst into laughter. And then she reached for my ornament and pointed out that I had painted it upside down. Yes. "2010" is upside down on my ornament. Here it is:


Isn't that hilarious...and kind of sad at the same time? Everyone thought it was sooo funny. And Kendra laughed the hardest. So I didn't feel extremely sympathetic when she accidentally did this to her own ornament:


See those smudges on her beautiful ornament? Ha ha. Bwahahaha! I laughed the hardest at that! Of course, she was able to fix it. My ornament, on the other hand, was a lost cause. So I just turned it in at the counter to be glazed. And yes, I'm going to hang it on our tree when I pick it up. How could I not?

What a fun night. My stomach is still aching from all the laughter!

No comments: