"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, October 21, 2011

His Harvest House

His Harvest House is the food pantry ministry at our church. I must admit that I didn't know too much about it until yesterday. Shaun's small group, Kid Force, had been given the opportunity to serve here back in August. I had some errands to take care of, so Chris and the boys went by themselves. It was extremely hot, but they had a good time anyway.

Kid Force was able to serve at His Harvest House again yesterday evening, and I came along this time. I didn't have to do much... the kids and other volunteers took charge and everything went smoothly. I mainly had to keep an eye on Jordan. His job was to deliver desserts to the cars, and he didn't want to wait his turn! I was blessed to be able to stand back and watch my boys, along with other people from our church, serve the Lord.

Here are some pictures from yesterday and from August. I found them all on Kidpak's Facebook page.

The long line of cars waiting for their food. This picture really doesn't do it justice. It snaked around the entire parking lot.

Group prayer.

Pastor Jason giving out instructions to the Kid Force volunteers.

I absolutely love this picture.

Shaun picking out a family's dessert.

Chris and Pastor Brock. There's no telling what they were talking about.


The Hubs with our friend, Chuck. We love him and his family!

Jordan tried to carry a cake that was bigger than he was!


Because I was accused of never posting any pictures of myself... here I am with Chuck!

We were treated to pizza afterward. I think this made Jordan happy!

It was a great night! We can't wait to do it again.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is such a blessing to see families serving together and to see all these kids serving with such open hearts!

Hugs ~ Rebecca