"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Crabs

We ate at Red Lobster this weekend. Twice. Friday night was my 11th wedding anniversary. The Hubs and I knew we wouldn't be able to find a sitter and we had some Red Lobster gift cards, so we made plans to go with the children. Not exactly my idea of a romantic anniversary date, but we decided to make the best of it. Friday also happened to be my mother's birthday. While at her house that afternoon, she asked if Chris and I wanted to go out to dinner with her and my dad. Along with my sister and her family of 6. Of course we agreed. And, to our surprise, we had a really nice time. The kids were well-behaved. The adults were even able to sit at a table by ourselves. My parents decided to treat us to dinner, so at the end of the night we still had our gift cards. When the kids heard this, they had a simple solution: to just go to Red Lobster again the next night. Which we did!

This time around, it was just the four of us. When we asked the kids what they wanted, Shaun replied "Crab legs!". And we let him order just that...even though his kiddie crab legs meal cost the same as my popcorn shrimp meal. Needless to say, the crab legs were a huge hit. Here's a photo of Shaun getting ready to dig in. Pardon the quality...my cell-phone doesn't produce top-notch quality photos.




When the waiter brought Shaun his plate, Jordan cried out "EW! Don't eat that!"...but Shaun ignored him and chowed down. Turns out, he LOVES crab legs. I'm afraid we've created a monster, because he now says crab legs are his favorite food.

After all of the meat was consumed, the real fun began, as you can see here:





Jordan became quite fascinated by this...claw? Pincher? Whatever its called, he loved it. He took it home, slept with it, and has played with it all day long today.

Its been a good weekend!

No comments: