"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Granny Talk

Since I've been sick, Jordan has been spending a lot of time with his (and my) Granny. I'm so thankful for our Granny...not only did she take shifts watching over me when I was in the hospital, but she also had one or more of my children for most of the time I was hospitalized. Even now that I'm home, she still comes and takes Jordan for me after lunch so that I can rest. I just love her!

Jordan loves her, too, and I'm starting to be able to tell he's been hanging out with her more than usual. For example: tonight, Granny sent over some dinner. Some fried okra, green beans, and tomatoes from the garden and some hash brown casserole. Yum. As I was fixing the children's plates, Jordan and I had this conversation:

Me: Okay, who wants okra?

Jordan: You mean okrey? I do! I want some okrey!

Me: Would you like some tomatoes?

Jordan: Actually, they're called maters.

Me: They're actually called tomatoes. Would you like some potatoes on your plate, too?

Jordan: You're actually wrong. They're maters. And I want some taters, too, please.

You can't get more country than that! Just like Granny!

No comments: