"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Monkey Joe's Head

This is by far one of the funniest things to happen to me all year.

So, Monkey Joe's is having free admission again. My kids love MJ's. And so do I. I love that I can sit and talk with my mom-friends and my children can run, jump, and play themselves silly. Which is what we were all doing when two of my friend's children came running up to us with Monkey Joe's head. You know, the big fake purple monkey head that the poor MJ employee has to wear (along with the rest of the costume) at birthday parties. We all gasped and my friend Rebecca said to her children, "Where in the world did you get that??" .

To which they replied:

"Shaun's little brother and his friend who looks like him went into the room that says 'Stop! Employees Only'. The next thing I knew, he was running around with this on his head. So I grabbed it."

Oh my. Well. Rebecca was able to heave a sigh of relief, since her children weren't involved in this scheme. She instructed her kids to take Monkey Joe's head to the snack bar and give it to the employees who were working back there. The worker man then gave us a funny look, grabbed his keys, and ran to the back of the building--to lock all of the doors. I looked at my friends and wondered aloud why those doors weren't locked in the first place. But I guess that wasn't really the point...

I went to find Jordan. He saw me coming and jumped into my arms saying, "Did you see me? I put Monkey Joe's head on!"

In between the bursts of giggles that I just could not hold in, I told him that he wasn't ever, EVER to go into those rooms again. And he agreed.

What a day. What a day. I laughed out loud again just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL....I must admit I was a little scared seeing my troop coming at me with a massive purple monkey head. It took me a few seconds to realize what it was. I was like what in the world? LOL....it was very funny! (Glad it was Jordan and his look a like)
~ Rebecca