"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The First Week Back

It's the middle of my first week "back" since I was sick. Truthfully, I'm not doing as well as I expected. I do alright in the mornings, but by lunchtime my head is throbbing, my neck is aching, I'm exhausted, and my energy is non-existent. Thank goodness for my family. They rescue me at 1:00. My sister comes for Shaun, and Jordan goes to his Granny's. And I go to sleep. Or just lay around.

A month ago, the thought of having my afternoons free to lounge around and sleep would have thrilled me beyond words. But now, that I have time to myself and feel like doing nothing, I'm ready for things to be back to normal. Its still strange for me to ask for help. Or even admit that I need help.

But I do. Jordan said to me the other day, "Mommy, I'm ready for you to just feel better and not still sick". Me too.

Yesterday, Shaun said to me, "Mom. When are you going to be better already? You've been sick forever." I know. And I wish I knew.

I know I'll get there. But this waiting is getting to me.

And that's the end of this depressing post.

No comments: