"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Now, that's love!

Corn Nuts. They've become my favorite snack over the last few months. Specifically, ranch flavored Corn Nuts. They're delicious. They are to me, at least. I've learned that not too many other people like them. But to me, there's nothing better. For a snack, that is. Even though I know they're terrible for me. I can only pronounce 2 of the ingredients listed on the label...corn and corn oil. I have to hide them from the boys because no way are they eating them!

A few days ago, on the way home from Wal-Mart, I noticed that the Jeep had less than a quarter tank of gas. I asked Chris if he was going to stop to fill up. He said no, that he'd just do it on the way to work the next day. I told him that if he stopped, I'd like to run inside and get a pack of Corn Nuts for later. He just looked at me and said that the kids were tired and we needed to get home. And I said okay.

The next night, I was home alone with the kids. Chris was out listening to band practice. Potential recording business, you know. I noticed that we needed a few groceries, so I sent him a text asking him to pick them up. Ground beef, organic ketchup, green beans, and carrotts- for those who are interested. He sent a text back from the grocer store asking if I needed anything else. Of course I replied back with "Corn Nuts".

He called from the car on the way home with the news that Kroger doesn't carry Corn Nuts and that he had also went to 3 different gas stations trying to find them- with no luck. I thanked him for his effort.

Today, The Hubs came home from work with these:


Oh yeah! When he bought gas today, he also bought every pack of ranch flavored Corn Nuts in the store. Was that sweet or what? Now, that's love!

Speaking of the man I married, he just left for church with the children. I'm supposed to be sleeping, seeing as how I've been awake almost continually for 48 hours. To say that I'm having trouble sleeping would be an understatement. I literally have been staying awake all night long. Not intentionally. It just happens. To say that I'm tired would also be an understatement. So, I guess I should stop blogging and catch some zzzz's. Chris' plan is for me to fall asleep around 5 and sleep through the night. I have strict instructions to not, under any circumstances, turn on Net Flix. He says he won't wake me...or let the boys wake me....if I'm sleeping when they get home. I think he's really, REALLY ready for me to be all well again!

Alright. I'm gonna try to sleep now. G'night!


No comments: