"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm leaving!

But only for the weekend. With my husband. And without my children.

God worked it out so that Chris and I get a weekend away together. We haven't had that since our honeymoon, and we need some alone time desperately, to see if we still like each other! Kidding. Seriously though, we lead such busy lives that its hard for us to stay connected the way we need to. I'm so thankful for this trip. And thankful that I have parents who are willing to rearrange their lives for 4 days just to watch my children.

At twenty-eight years old, I'll board my first airplane tomorrow. Hard to believe, I know. This week has been so stressful and I've been so grouchy, but I'm really starting to get excited now. Never mind the fact that I haven't packed a thing and that I'll probably be up all night getting ready. Its gonna be great!

Changing subjects now. I had a great meeting with Shaun's "team" from public school. They were so wonderful to do his testing, etc over the summer for us. Shaun will still be eligible for services when we begin home schooling in August. I expected some resistance from the school system, but they were so supportive and seem so willing to work with me to help Shaun succeed. Thank you, God. Another answered prayer.

Gotta go get to packing now!

No comments: